Monday, January 24, 2011

Crescent Chicken Rolls



I know there are many variations of this recipe, but here's the one we use:

1 (3 oz) package cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided (and last time I made this, I realized I use this amount of butter no matter how many batches I make.)
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken OR 10 oz canned chicken, drained
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent rolls
3/4 cup bread crumbs
Small can of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 can milk, if desired.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend cream cheese and 2 tablespoons melted butter. Add chicken, salt, pepper, milk, and green onions; mix well.
Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles as marked. Spoon 1/4 cup of meat mixture into the base of the triangle, and roll up so your chicken can't fall out. Brush each roll with melted butter, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with warm can of cream of chicken soup + 1/2 can molk mixture or gravy, if desired.

{Kudos to N.M.- from an old cub scout cookbook}

2 comments:

  1. I have to try this! Sounds like what my visiting teaching companion made for us one time, and Stephen LOVED them! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar to mine. I just use cream cheese and chicken on the inside, nothing else. I also mix sour cream into the soup for the gravy for a different taste. Maybe I will have to try it your way for a change.

    ReplyDelete