Saturday, January 22, 2011

German Pancakes

My sister made this for us when she was visiting recently. We liked them so much, we had a hard time saving some for my brother-in-law who wasn't up yet! (She made two, and it fed 3 adults and 2 kids, although I happily would've had more!)
Preheat your oven to 400.

Put 3 tablespoons butter into a pie plate and let it sit in the preheating oven to melt.

1/2 c flour
1/2 c milk
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs

Mix ingredients, and pour into pie plate when butter is melted.  Bake for 14-19 minutes. Just take it out when the pancake is puffy and lightly browned in places.  It might look crystally on top from the butter. Let it cool a bit, and then serve with syrup, fruit, or powdered sugar.
Mmm...this sounds really yummy; I think I'll go preheat my oven...!

{Kudos to Jamie!}

Haha- this is what they look like when they come out of the oven:

2 comments:

  1. Delicious. We enjoyed this for breakfast today. Thanks for taking the time to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally makes my day, knowing that you're trying these recipes! :) I'm making Creamy White Chicken Chili on Friday- DEFINITELY one of my favorite meals ever! I highly recommend it!!!

    ReplyDelete