Friday, March 4, 2011

Fiesta Chicken Enchilladas


***Check out my new blog for better pics of these fantastic enchiladas! http://www.kayescupboard.com/fiesta-enchiladas/

Simple, delicious, and filling. I used minced onion and garlic to cut down on time. To be super-fancy, you can bake it sideways, as shown in the picture, or you can do it the normal way (which will be shown as soon as my blog will cooperate).

1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cooked small chicken breasts (about 1 pound), shredded
1 cup salsa, divided
4 oz cream cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup cheddar and monterey jack cheese, divided
8 flour tortillas

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, cream cheese, cilantro, and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese; mix well.
2. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in a 13 x 9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.

I made this while distracted, and accidentally put the whole cup of salsa in with the chicken. I still put 3/4 cup salsa on top. It came out spicier, but I thought it was really good.

{Kudos to Favorite Casseroles cookbook}

3 comments:

  1. They ARE really yummy- I just made them the other day, but I was thinking about making them again soon, because I like them so much! AND they're super easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about super easy. I keep meaning to message you. I want to know how you are doing and how your girls are :)

    ReplyDelete