Friday, April 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Balls


Yes, these are balls of a simple peanut butter concoction rolled in sprinkles. Doesn't that have "kid craft" written all over it?! My daughter loved making these so much that she randomly asked if we could do them again, and I'm sure that won't be the last time! My husband said these didn't look appetizing, and, okay, I'd probably have to agree that they aren't the most asthetic thing to eat, but does that matter so much?

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix. Roll into 1" balls. Roll in sprinkles.

I love this, because it takes very little time to mix, and then I can let my daughter add sprinkles, and I can tend to the baby...or the dishes, etc. She was so focused, I couldn't quite get a smiley pic of her.
Oh, and I actually did the recipe wrong the first time- if you want you can add this step:

After rolling the balls, chill for an hour. Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper; set aside. Microwave 1 1/2 cups light cocoa candy melts, stirring every 15 seconds, until smooth. Drop the balls 5 at a time in the melted chocolate to coat. Remove balls with a fork, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Roll in sprinkles to coat. Place on lined cookie sheets. Chill until chocolate is set.

I'm sure it's yummy, just not as little kid-friendly.

Either way, it makes about 40 1" balls.

{Kudos to Parent's Magazine!}



I thought this one looked cool- and kind of Easter-ish. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment