Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Mom's SO GOOD Snickerdoodles


My mom has been making these for as long as I can remember. While I'm giving you access to the recipe, I'm somewhat doubtful that I can even replicate my mom's cookies. They're amazing!

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs 
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
Mixture of cinnamon and sugar- about 1 cup

In mixing bowl, cream butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well  after each. Blend in milk and vanilla. Thoroughly stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir into mixture. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten balls with sugared bottom of tumbler. Bake cookies at 375 for about 10-12 minutes.

Yield: About 8 dozen.

{Kudos to my Mom, Barbara, and her Better Homes and Gardens Homemade Cookies Cookbook!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment