Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes


Wow!!!! These cupcakes definitely my favorite! They aren't super sweet (a positive!), and are SO moist with a really yummy frosting... Honestly, I was thinking we could just eat one apiece, and give the rest to friends/family- I mean, who needs 24 cupcakes?? I definitely don't need these, but I'll have a hard time letting any of them go! ;) Also, this is the second McCormick (as in the spice company) recipe that I've tried, and I really loved the other, too (Spiced Springtime Sugar Cookies with Colorful Cookie Glaze). I'm going to be checking their website, and I'll let you know if I find any other winners! Oh, and the cupcake is so good, I don't think it needs much frosting at all! And when these were baking, Brad came in the kitchen, and said, "It's smells like the holidays in here!" :)

1 pkg (18 1/4 oz) yellow cake mix (I used butter pecan, because that's what we had)
1 pkg (3.4 oz) vanilla pudding instant mix
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup oil (I used applesauce)
1/2 cup water
3 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves (Brad recommends lightening up a bit- maybe use 3/4 tsp instead)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Frosting
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened.
1/4 cup butter, softened.
1 teaspoon vanilla
dash ground cloves
dash cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Up to 16 oz powdered sugar (we just put in as much as we wanted to get the right consistency)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat all the ingredients with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
Bake in preheated oven 16-20 minutes.
Beat frosting ingredients, except powdered sugar, until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
Frost cooled cupcakes with Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting.

{Kudos to mccormick.com!}

No comments:

Post a Comment