Monday, December 5, 2011

"To Die For Blueberry Muffins"

I found this recipe on The Cooking Chicks blog. I made it for a baby shower, and they got great reviews. The first time I made them, I thought the amount of crumb topping was complete overkill, which surprised me. I made the second batch with less than half, and it was too little. Somewhere around half the topping would be about right to me.

Crumb topping
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I substituted applesauce)
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries (I used frozen, and it worked fine)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Mix crumb topping ingredients and set aside.
2. Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3. Combine vegetable oil (or applesauce), egg, and milk. Mix into dry ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
4. Fill muffins cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.


{Kudos to thecookingchicks.blogspot.com, which has some great recipes- definitely check it out!}

No comments:

Post a Comment