Thursday, September 20, 2012

Scones

***Check out my new blog for pics of these delicious scones! http://www.kayescupboard.com/fluffy-butterscotch-chip-scones/

I couldn't find a scone recipe I had used a few years ago, so I turned to allrecipes.com, and found this one- they are fantastic! I substituted cake flour for all of the all-purpose flour, so they turned out very light inside, which we loved! I used some tips from a reviewer, which I think helped the texture to work out so well. Oh, and I didn't know why the sour cream and baking soda had to blended separately- it creates this crazy foamy mixture- it looks cool!

1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
4 cups cake flour
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisins or whatever (I used butterscotch chips, no raisins), optional

1. In a small bowl, blend sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
3. Mix butter and sugar, then beat in egg and vanilla
4. Mix all dry ingredients together, then add to wet ingredients. Do not over-mix.
5. Add sour cream mixture, but do not over-mix. 
6. Add any topping (raisins or butterscotch chips etc). 
7. Make about 16 balls, and press them flatter in your hand, then place on baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.

{Kudos to: allrecipes "Grandma Johnson's Scones!"}

No comments:

Post a Comment