Monday, August 19, 2013

Egg Substitute



****Check out my new blog for step-by-step pics of this recipe! http://www.kayescupboard.com/egg-substitute/


OH MY this is a lifesaver!!! When we found out my 4 year old has a dairy and egg intolerance, I mentally threw baking out the window. I couldn't see myself spending time baking something that I knew she would just watch us eat. BUT this is a simple, quick, healthy solution! I tried it in our favorite zucchini bread recipe, and it was SO good! My husband even thought it tasted BETTER! NOTE: This makes the substitute equivalent of ONE egg.

1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
2-3 Tablespoons water

Bring water to a boil, then add flax seeds and simmer for about 5 minutes or until a thick, egg-like consistence has been reached. Let cool before using in a recipe (about 10 minutes).

{Kudos to food.com!}

No comments:

Post a Comment