Monday, August 19, 2013

Lazy Day Stew

I've been wanting to try freezer meals for a long time, but I knew we didn't have the room to store them. ~Enter our brand new, used freezer!!~ Now we have tons of room, and I'm hoping to post lots more freezer meal ideas! This is a great one to start with- my husband said it was the best homemade stew he has had, and I agree! NOTE: This recipe makes TWO meals!

4 lbs cubed stewing beef (I HIGHLY recommend Costco's)
4 cups baby carrots
4 cups baby red potatoes, cut in half
2 medium onions, chopped
10 oz package dried beans (optional- I added a can of kidney beans, but we really couldn't tell they were there. Your call.)
2 cups celery, chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 15 oz can tomato sauce (1/2 in each bag)
2 cups beef broth (or beef bouillon with respective amounts of water)
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Split everything into two one-gallon freezer bags, shake, and seal. Label and put in freezer. Instructions for bag: Cook on low 8 hours (I cook it on high 2 hours, then low for 4).

{Big Kudos to my friend, Lauri's, blog- check it out!! lauriskitchencabinet.blogspot.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment